Friday, August 04, 2006

If my People Would Pray

Last night my house was overrun with Estrogen. My son and I were grossly out-numbered as Katie had 3 girls from her Bible Study group come spend the night. They did all the usual girl stuff- burped, flatulated, and talked about boys. Ok, maybe they didn't do that but they did watch "Pride and Prejudice" (I have to confess that they all fell asleep and I stayed up until 1 am watching it. Don't tell anyone, ok?).

Right before they all went to sleep last night in our living room, they asked if I would wake them up at 6:15 am this morning. I enquired as to the reason for this irrational request and they explained to me that they were meting some other girls at Lexington High School to pray for their school! I was so impressed by their evident desire to see the lost come to know Jesus.

I am reminded of II Chronicles 7:14, 15 which states that "if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and will heal their land. Now my eyes will be open and my ears attentive to the prayers offered in this place." What an encouragement it was for me to know that these girls and my wife were seeking to do just that.

I am confident that God is preparing to do awesome things in Lexington. And I am convinced that it will not be because of any program that a church will offer or even a sermon series. It will all begin with prayer. It begins with us humbling ourselves and falling on our faces before Almighty God in repentance and in longing for Him. He promises (God always keeps His word) that He will forgive our sins and will heal our land.

I hope this encourages you today as you seek to do your part in bringing God's Kingdom to earth!

Be a blessing!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats