Thursday, August 17, 2006

You Need to Know God!!!

We live in an age where privacy seems to be everyone's top concern. So, in order to be hip and pc, I will tell the story of one of our students but changed their name to "Agnes" (any relation to a girl in our Youth Group with first name Agnes is purely non-coincidental). Some of the details of this may be a little off but here I the gist of the story.

During PE class at her school, Agnes decided to stand on the bleachers and yell out, "If you guys don't know God you need to get to know him because he is awesome. You should also come to H2O (our youth program) to learn more about him".
Way to go Agnes! Thanks for your boldness and awesome example.

Now if we cold only get Alison to do the same...

4 Comments:

At 7:15 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow. i totally respect "agnes" for her boldness. I wish i had the courage to do something like that...

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Kristen said...

Amy told me about that yesterday! I praise God for the growth and fire that is OBVIOUSLY becoming more and more a part of the youth at Saxe Gotha.

 
At 5:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I tried to get two of my friends to go to church once, but they just laughed and started making jokes about it.

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Katie&Roddy said...

Patrick, I can totally relate with that! When I was studying in Austria (no Kangaroos there, by the way- that is Australia) I invited several of my friends to go to church with me and I got the same reaction. They literally thought I was joking!

Here is a verse to encorage you- Romans 1:16 says, "I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes...". Just keep on inviting them anyway!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home


View My Stats